Saturday, July 03, 2010

Cool Beans! coffeeshop portraits



The owner of the coffee shop where I used to work recently hired me to do some promotional photos of the shop. It's in an old house here in downtown Columbia SC, something like a century old. Cool old building, easy to get good stuff, if you know what you're doing. That, and having worked there, I knew the angles (literally).

Two for today, then more later.

The first is of a double shot of espresso being pulled. I started the espresso shot, then did the photo shot. Both are beautiful processes. And as anyone who knows me will attest, the J. Daniel loves a good process.

The second photo is of an antique teapot/coffeepot/pitcher that sits on a mantelpiece in the shop. It's not currently in use except as decoration, but I couldn't pass it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home